Inviting local charities across Greater Sydney to pitch programs for funding in 2021
Be Kind Sydney was created following the success of our place-based philanthropy program, which has supported women and families in some of Sydney’s most disadvantaged postcodes and build a stronger sense of community.
Our recent research, and fifteen years experience granting to Sydney’s grassroots charities, tells us we can make the most change by giving to programs supporting women and aiming to create stronger communities.
And, we know the best way to do it is to Educate and Empower.
Applications close 27th November.
Do you have a project that empowers women?
We are keen to hear from you if you run, or would like to pilot a program that educates and empowers ‘WOMEN’.
A project that provides:
- Support for the newly homeless; info for women and their families, a helping hand, specific pieces of essential support, something they want or need to help them feel safe, to be safe, or the financial education and support to get back to a place they can call home.
- Mentoring for Girls and Young Women to help them gain work and stay employed, fight back against high levels of discrimination and build next gen female leaders.
- WORK, WORK, WORK… Programs that help women of all ages from 18 to 70, the underemployed and unemployed get jobs and fair wages, to use their skills and talents for the benefit of the Sydney economy.
Do you have a project that empowers communities?
We are keen to hear from you if you run, or would like to pilot a program that educates and empowers COMMUNITIES to:
- Provide kids who are disengaged from their learning, alternative ways to stay in school, smart strategies for those who’ve given up on school opportunities to keep learning and stay out of trouble, get a job.
- Help us belong. We are all Sydneysiders, a mixed bag of ages, nationalities and histories. How do you help keep us connected, reduce loneliness and create a thriving sense of community and well-being? Let’s hear from you.
- Transform Place. Let’s be frank, some of our suburbs could use a little fixer-upping, be easier to move around, be made safer by smart design, night-time economy anyone? How do you create some excitement, increased use, connectedness and special-ness in a place that needs it?
Share your great programs with us and let’s make change together.